“When I work, either assisting others with their healing or creating artworks, I connect with my own inner “divinity” and light. Then I can best sense, witness and connect with core energies in all things abounding.
“Although I practice yoga in a meditative state prior to beginning my work, the very act of creating collages from elements that call to me, places me in a meditative trancelike place, where I feel one with the universe.” The artworks develop before me, a form of surrealist automatism, as I listen to faded, dreamy Chillwave, Glo-fi, Hypnogogic, vapor-wave sounds, Philip Glass: Metamorphosis or Hildegard von Bingen: Canticles of Ecstasy. I become an “antenna system” and gather images while surfing with the “wavebands” This is where I live, gathering sensations of our changing human mythologies. I AM OPEN TO MY OWN NEUROPLASTICITY- and always look forward to raising my serotonin and dopamine set points. I’m a space cowgirl, an explorer, making images that are beyond real, surreal. Hopefully my creations will hold universal healing energies and open us to explore new horizons.” S.F.
1. I construct a small layered collage of : drawn images, magazine clippings, pieces of acetate, old photos, pieces of architectural plans, dried plants, sand, etc. - layers of many memories and things.
2. I reproduce & enlarge this collage on my printer.
3. I work over this image with pencils, acrylic and oil paint, many more layers of acetate, tissue and graph paper, etc.
4. This final collage is further enlarged and reproduced on a cutting edge new version of fine art High Definition photographic paper that captures every detail and texture.
5. This print is coated with resin and pressed between rigid backing and matte U.V. plexi to further enhance a sense of depth, as though looking into a leaf filled pond.
This layering of techniques and use of newest print techniques amplify the sensation desired. I consider this Surrealist Art.